Huntsville City Schools donated 100 desks and chairs Thursday to Marshall County Schools for their students.
This is after a tornado damaged Brindlee Mountain Primary School on Jan. 11. A team from Huntsville City Schools loaded the desks and chairs into a donated shipping container Wednesday to be delivered to Marshall County.
“We’re really excited. I’m very glad that we actually had the assets available that we can actually help another school district,” Lontrell Harris, Asset Management Coordinator with Huntsville City Schools said.
Marshall County Schools Superintendent Cindy Wigley thanked Huntsville City Schools, along with DeKalb County Schools for their generous gifts and donations.
- Woman charged with helping Alabama prison escapee
- 2 men indicted in death of Alabama teen found dead in 2017
- Man found dead months after courthouse gun incident
- Huntsville City Schools donates 100 desks, chairs to Marshall Co. Schools
- UAH’s men and women pick up close victories tonight against Delta State (Highlights)