Authorities say a woman is charged with assisting an Alabama inmate who was recaptured in the Tennessee Valley.
The Department of Corrections say 26-year-old escapee Xavier Lamont Armstead was arrested in Florence on Wednesday. Officers also arrested 23-year-old Kayla Jean Fryer, who they say was with the prisoner when he was arrested. She’s being charged with hindering the apprehension of an escaped inmate.
Armstead is being charged with escape and other offenses. He was serving 15 years for burglary convictions in Colbert County.
- Watch this violinist play while undergoing brain surgery
- Ryan Newman released from the hospital following Daytona 500 crash
- Are top pet health trends actually healthy?
- Drug Intervention Workshop shines lights on community needs
- 20 years since local radio DJ exposes Racist Alabama Marriage Law