Two men have been indicted on murder charges in the death of an Alabama teenager whose body was found in the Tennessee River more than two years ago.
A local news outlet reports that 56-year-old Eugene Defredrick Collyear and 19-year-old Chandler Demetrius Herring were charged in the death of 17-year-old Rose Ellen Jones. Jones’ body was found in the river in August 2017 more than a week after she was reported missing.
Authorities arrested Collyear and Herring in early 2018. Collyear remains in the Madison County Jail on a $52,500 bond, while court records show Herring was released on bond.
- Watch this violinist play while undergoing brain surgery
- Ryan Newman released from the hospital following Daytona 500 crash
- Are top pet health trends actually healthy?
- Drug Intervention Workshop shines lights on community needs
- 20 years since local radio DJ exposes Racist Alabama Marriage Law