Huntsville City Schools donated 100 desks and chairs Thursday to Marshall County Schools for their students.
This is after a tornado damaged Brindlee Mountain Primary School on Jan. 11. A team from Huntsville City Schools loaded the desks and chairs into a donated shipping container Wednesday to be delivered to Marshall County.
“We’re really excited. I’m very glad that we actually had the assets available that we can actually help another school district,” Lontrell Harris, Asset Management Coordinator with Huntsville City Schools said.
Marshall County Schools Superintendent Cindy Wigley thanked Huntsville City Schools, along with DeKalb County Schools for their generous gifts and donations.
- Watch this violinist play while undergoing brain surgery
- Ryan Newman released from the hospital following Daytona 500 crash
- Are top pet health trends actually healthy?
- Drug Intervention Workshop shines lights on community needs
- 20 years since local radio DJ exposes Racist Alabama Marriage Law