The Tennessee Valley is under an Enhanced Risk for severe weather and there are a few things you need to know.
Brindlee Mountain Primary School in Union Grove has been heavily damaged by storms.
Lights are out in Decatur at Danville and Beltline, 6th AVE and Brooks St., Spring and Beltline, Longview and Beltline, with power poles damaged beginning at Longview and Beltline. According to Decatur Utilities, they have restored power to all but 215 as of 4:00 p.m.
Marshall County reports that red lights are out at Hwy 431 / Pleasant Grove Road and Hwy 431 / Hwy 79 south, and that it should be treated as a 4 way stop.
In Monrovia, Madison County, a tree fell on an ambulance.
Morgan County Sheriff’s Office reports that there is a large power outage in the Danville/Neel area around Iron Man Road and that there are several trees down in the county.
Madison County Sheriff’s Office is saying that there is flooding reported in the area of Opp Reynolds Road & Shady Lane.
According to Florence police, flooding in Florence has closed several roads – Commerce Street, the Underpass at Mitchell Rd, Gresham St. at Chisholm & Helton, Mars Hill & Rushto, and the bridge by Mars Hill Bible School is closed.
- Marshall County EMA reports that the Arab NOAA Weather Radio transmitter continues to have problems. Marshall County EMA recommends using backup means of receiving weather alerts for the duration of today’s storm.
- Flooding reported in Florence and Lauderdale County.
- Localized flooding will be an issue through the rest of the evening
- Wind Advisory has been cancelled.
Decatur High School, Austin High School, Hartselle High School, and Morgan County’s Somerville Public Library are all open as shelters. Storm shelters are also open in Section, Stevenson, and North Sand Mountain.
Minor flooding reported in Colbert County.
- Huntsville Airport gets nursing station
- Huntsville man killed in multi-vehicle wreck
- Art Enthusiasts Encourage Art Awareness in Huntsville