Madison County High School retired the jersey of former Tiger football player Jordan Chunn. No one will ever wear the number 38 jersey ever again.
During Chunn’s senior season, he rushed for 2,229 yards and scored 43 touchdowns (receptions, rushes and special teams) in 2012 while leading the Tigers to a Class 4A semifinals. Chunn would go on to win the ASWA Class 4A Back of the Year.
Chunn signed with Troy and went on to set multiple school records. He finished his college career with 679 carries for 3,124 yards (4.6-yard avg.), 47 rushing touchdowns (school record) and 84 receptions for 558 yards.
He currently has a reserve/future contract with the Dallas Cowboys.
Latest sports headlines:
- Kira Lewis named SEC Men’s Basketball Player of the Week
- Daytona 500 resumes at 3:00 p.m on WZDX
- The Sunday Sitdown with Reggie Jackson
- Daytona 500 postponed until Monday by rain
- Daytona 500 postponed til Monday, Feb. 17