On Friday six local World War II veterans fly across the globe to visit a part of the world they helped free.
Forever Young Senior Veterans in Alabama is taking the heroes to Germany, Belgium, and Luxembourg. The men are ages 93 through 97.
WZDX News spoke with Jim Feezel, who drove a tank through the door of a gas chamber at Dachau concentration camp. Forever Young is taking him back there.
“I’m thrilled talking to some of those people, even the German boys who were shooting at me. Thank them for missing,” Feezel said. “We came back and had to spend at least 50 years forgetting it, but you people have rejuvenated the good parts and that’s wonderful.”
He says he has some sacred places in mind he’s ready to get back to.
- Tyson Fury stops Deontay Wilder as corner throws in towel in 7th Round
- Weather Forecast Saturday, February 22, 2020
- Iowa Democratic Party to recount contested caucus precincts
- Inmates hospitalized after apparent overdoses
- VERIFY: Are “Super Delegates” really 10,000 times more powerful than an actual voter?