Veterans Day events and Heroes Week Events have already kicked off across The Valley ahead of Veterans Day (observed on Monday, November 11, 2019) and we’ve got a list of events that you need to know about below.
Monday, November 11, 2019
- Veterans Breakfast honoring Gold Star families: located at The Roundhouse (389 Monroe St., Huntsville). Buffet opens at 8:15 AM with the program starting at 9 AM. For tickets, visit www.HuntsvilleVets.org
- Boots on the Memorial: located at the Huntsville/Madison County Veterans Memorial (200 Monroe St., Huntsville) at 9:30 AM. Free and open to the public.
- Huntsville Veterans Parade: parade will start at 11 AM
- Scottsboro Veterans Day Progam: located at Colline Intermediate Auditorium (102 Legion Drive, Scottsboro) at 11 AM. Free and open to the public.
- VFW Family Day: 2900 North Memorial Parkway Open to All Veterans. Free Hot Dogs, Inflatables, Drinks. Family and Friends. Bring your kids and family for a fun event and check out the Post 2702’s rebuild/restructure progress. Looking to have a food truck or two available as well. Humana Health rep. will also be out to help vets maximize insurance coverage (‘layering’ Medicare/ Medicaid/ Tricare/ private insurance). This is a no cost presentation, open to all veterans.
- Tut Fann Veterans Day Service: located at Floyd E. “Tut” Fann State Veterans Home (2701 Meridian St., Huntsville) at 2 PM. Free and open to the public.
- Veterans’ Day Celebration at Crestwood Medical Center honoring Madison County Deputy (Chad Harbin) who assisted the Gulf War Veteran from Walker County in our recognition ceremony. At the flagpole at 11:30 a.m.
WATCH: Veterans’ Voices
- GALLERY: Honoring our veterans
- Veterans and former athletes come together through ‘MVP’ program
- Ft. Hood shooting survivor, veteran honored at Cotaco School
- Local law firm offers free services for service members, first responders
- Free deals and discounts for Veterans on Veterans Day