Temperatures are expected to be very high this week, so the Alabama Department of Public Health is issuing some tips to keep you safe.
- Drink more fluids and avoid caffeine and alcohol
- Stay indoors, ideally in an air-conditioned place
- Take a cool shower or bath
- Protect yourself from the sun with a hat
- Avoid hot and heavy meals
“You have your more vulnerable age groups like children and seniors, but everyone needs to be taking these precautions in this heat,” Betsy Cagle of the Alabama Department of Public Health said.