Do you like nature and want to learn more about Alabama’s wildlife? If so, this could be the event for you.
Every February, from February 14 – 17, thousands of people get out and about to collect and report on the distribution and abundance of birds.
During this event, you can check out what others are seeing in your area or around the world, enter photographs of the birds you’ve seen in the photo competition, or just enjoy the images of those around you. You can even create a checklist of birds you want to see.
Here’s how you do it:
- 1- Create a free GBBC account
- 2- Count birds for at least 15 minutes on at least one of the 4 days this event takes place
- 3- Enter your results
A great place to look for birds is at the Huntsville Botanical Garden, where you can see flocks as big as 300 birds.
For more information on this event, and special birds to look out for, check out The Huntsville Botanical Garden website.
- Kira Lewis named SEC Men’s Basketball Player of the Week
- How well do you know presidential history?
- Daytona 500 resumes at 3:00 p.m on WZDX