UPDATE: The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office believes that the human remains found in Demopolis, AL are those of the missing 5-year-old, Taylor Rose Williams.
Williams’s mother, Brianna Williams, is in the hospital in serious condition after an apparent overdose. She has been charged with child neglect and giving false statements.
A timeline of the child’s death has not been released and the investigation is ongoing.
The multi-agency team involved in the search for Taylor Rose Williams, missing from Jacksonville, FL, confirmed that human remains were found in a wooded area between the cities of Linden and Demopolis, Alabama.
According to the FBI’s Birmingham Office, victim identification is pending. They say that the search effort has included highly skilled teams from the following agencies:
- Demopolis Fire Department
- Linden Police Department
- Marengo County Sheriff’s Office
- Alabama Law Enforcement Agency State Bureau of Investigations
- 17th Circuit Drug Task Force
- 17th Circuit District Attorney’s Office
- Alabama Attorney Generals Office
- Federal Bureau of Investigation – Mobile, Birmingham & Jacksonville
- Members of multiple units with the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office,
Jacksonville Fire and Rescue, as well as the State Attorneys Office.
Efforts are ongoing to secure and process the evidence at the scene. The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office is awaiting forensic tests.
- Six arrested for allegedly aiding TN teens’ escape
- Hazel Green going for a 3-peat in Class 6A
- UAH stays unbeaten; defeats Lane 84-53 (Highlights)
- NASA Marshall hosts Annual Tree Lighting