So far, the new curbside recycling program in Huntsville has seen a lot of success.
The new carts are five times larger than the old bins and get picked up less often. There are now over 60,000 households taking part in the program. Last month they collected 528,000 pounds of recycling.
Over 80% of residents who signed up for the service have actually used it, which is a high number for such a new program, and 4,500 carts are currently still being delivered.
The program’s success so far has been:
- August 2019
- Total Households Opt-in – 49,600
- Total Picked Up – 40,795
- Set-out Rate – 82 percent
- Tons collected – 368.77
- September 2019
- Total Picked Up – 50,932
- Set-out Rate – 83 percent
- Tons collected – 552.09
- October 2019
- Total Households Opt-in – 60,981
- Total Picked Up – 48,322
- Set-out Rate – 79 percent
- Tons collected – 528.51
If you would like to join and get your bin, you can click here to sign up.
- Newborns dressed like Mister Rogers as his wife visits Pittsburgh hospital
- Toys for Tots to hold one more registration day
- Smart Shopper: Are meal prep services right for you?