This story is as heartwarming as they come.
A Walker County deputy noticed a man walking with an oxygen tank from Jasper to Huntsville for a doctor’s appointment. He found out he was a disabled veteran, so he gave him a lift to the Cullman County line. A Cullman deputy picked him up and brought him to the Morgan County line where a Morgan County deputy took over. At the county line, a Madison County deputy then took him to his appointment. After an overnight stay, the deputies got this man back home.
This photo posted on Facebook has been viewed over seven million times and was actually seen in Oklahoma by the veteran’s son. They had grown distant and now have a chance to reconnect.
- Newborns dressed like Mister Rogers as his wife visits Pittsburgh hospital
- Toys for Tots to hold one more registration day
- Smart Shopper: Are meal prep services right for you?
- Huntsville man pleads guilty to possessing thousands of child porn, bestiality images
- Saturn V replica gets illuminating new look