First responders at the 9/11 attack are still dying from health issues related to that day.
The number of New York Police officers that have died is reportedly 10 times the number killed on 9/11. In July the 200th New York firefighter reportedly died from an illness related to the attack.
In Huntsville first responders say they honor those who are sick or who have died by being prepared to save lives now.
“The towers have been cleaned up and the memorial’s built, but these people wake up every day having to deal with that so you have to remember and think about them and pray for their families,” said Don Webster with HEMSI.
A permanent extension of funding for the Victim Compensation Fund was signed into law earlier this year.
- Yankees great Mariano Rivera awarded Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Gun violence prevention advocates say White House ignoring concerns
- Alabama district attorneys march in Selma to bring light to unjust prosecutions
- FEMA scrambles to secure unnecessarily shared data
- Relief for farmers impacted by national disasters now available