Governor Kay Ivey granted October 21st as Magic Moments Day, and local businesses are doing their part to help.
Magic Moments is a non-profit organization that grants wishes to kids in Alabama with chronic life-threatening diseases.
On Monday, several businesses in Madison County are giving percentages of their proceeds to Magic Moments.
Magic Moments Executive Director, Sandy Naramore, says the wishes help their kids to forget about their illnesses, even if it’s just for a moment.
“A lot of our kids honestly know their doctors and the nurses and the clinic staff in the hospitals better than they know the people in their own school,” said Naramore.
Places to eat on Magic Moments Day:
- Taco Mama – Statewide every Monday in October from 4 – 7 pm
- Edgar’s Bakery – Statewide
- Earth and Stone Wood Fired Pizza
- Yogurt Mountain – Jones Valley and Hampton Cove locations
Places to shop on Magic Moments Day:
- The Pants Store – Statewide
- Please Reply – 2111 Whitesburg Drive SE Huntsville, Alabama
- Kendra Scott – 315 The Bridge Street Suite 113 Huntsville, Alabama 35806
You can help grant more wishes by going to the participating businesses on Monday, October 21. You can also donate to Magic Moments by clicking here.