Electoral fraud (sometimes referred to as election fraud or voter fraud, election manipulation or vote rigging) is illegal interference with the process of an election, either by increasing the vote share of the favored candidate, depressing the vote share of the rival candidates, or both.
Electoral fraud does unfortunately happen more than expected. Here are a few ways on how you can help to stop electoral fraud:
- You may file your allegation online here.
- You may speak to one of the Alabama Secretary of State’s staff members by calling them toll free at 1-800-274-VOTE (8683)
- Allegations may also be filed to the Alabama Secretary of State’s office via fax using the following fax number: (334)242-2444.
- If you would prefer to send your allegation via postal mail to the Alabama Secretary of State’s office, it may be sent to the address below. You can use this printable form.
- Mailing Address: Office of the Secretary of State Voter Fraud Unit P.O. Box 5616 Montgomery, Alabama 36103-5616
For more information on the Alabama Election Fairness Project, you can visit https://www.sos.alabama.gov/alabama-votes/stop-voter-fraud-now