The Chairman of the Alabama A&M University Board of Trustees Nominating Committee has announced that applications are being accepted for nominations for vacancies in positions representing Alabama’s Fourth and Seventh Congressional Districts.
The current term for the position representing the Fourth Congressional District expired January 31, 2017. This appointment will be for a new term.
The current term for this position representing the Seventh Congressional District expired January 31, 2017. The trustee currently holding this position is eligible for reappointment.
The Nominating Committee is looking for three nominees for each vacancy. The deadline to apply is 5:00pm, April 28, 2017.
According to the Chairman’s letter, the Nominating Committee is looking for influential leaders who are forward-looking, service-oriented and committed to furthering Alabama A&M University’s instruction, research and extension missions.
The Nominating Committee will select three individuals for each vacancy to submit to Governor Ivey.
Please review the following requirements applicable to those that apply or are nominated to serve on the Alabama A&M University Board of Trustees:
- Must be a resident of the Congressional District (as constituted on September 5, 1975) for which application is made
- Cannot be an employee of Alabama A&M University, other than the faculty senate president
- Cannot be a member of the governing board (this does not preclude reappointment of current trustees),
- Cannot be an officer of any public postsecondary educational institution
- Cannot be an elected or appointed official having the power of review of the Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University budget, other than the Governor