A first-of-its-kind adventure race is set for outdoor lovers in Alabama. The Alabama Beta invites you, as part of a 2-5 person team, to explore the “best of Alabama”.
The party starts on Friday night, September 28, at Cahaba Brewing where teams will gather. The race packet will be handed out at that event. It will include beta maps and resources for 144 curated challenges across 24 destinations ranging from Railroad Park in Birmingham all the way to The Walls of Jericho in Jackson County and Monte Sano in Huntsville. The race ends at Birmingham Boulders.
Here are some examples of challenges:
– Catch the sunrise at a beta location
– Gather around the Vulcan at Railroad Park
– Hike up to King’s Chair at Oak Mountain State Park
– Climb any route on Knob Wall at Cherokee Rock Village
– Remove a tire from the Cahaba and bring it to Beta HQ
– Hike down to the waterfall at the Walls of Jericho
– Climb any route on Grace Wall at Little River Canyon
– Paddle out onto the Coosa River at a Beta access point
You can sign up or find more information at thealabamabeta.com