On Thursday Huntsville Fire and Rescue’s newest graduated class of firefighters got some practice with the real deal.
A house on Bob Wade Lane was the site for a live fire training exercise. About a dozen firefighters went inside to battle the fire and see how it spread.
The training division chief says they have live fire training but not in an actual structure so this training is vital to prepare them for a real emergency.
“The value of the training that they receive by actually doing it in an actual structure is we cannot simulate those conditions,” said Huntsville Fire and Rescue Training Division Chief Bruce Swanson. “So this give them the opportunity to see how a fire’s gonna behave in a real residential structure.”
The fire burned down this house after the exercise. The area around it was protected beforehand.
- Numerous athletes attend the Youth North Wrestling Tournament
- UAH Chargers remain undefeated at home as they cruise to victory over Mississippi College
- Lady Chargers beat Mississippi College, 72-67
- Weather Forecast Saturday, January 25, 2020
- Social Media Forecast Saturday, January 25, 2020