BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Alabama football’s Jaylen Waddle was selected as the Southeastern Conference’s Special Teams Player of the Week, the league office announced on Monday morning. The league honor is the first of Waddle’s career.
Special Teams Player of the Week
- Was instrumental in providing the Crimson Tide with great field position to start drives all afternoon in College Station
- The sophomore recorded 128 yards on four punt returns, a total that ranked as the third-most in Crimson Tide single-game annals
- Averaged 32.0 yards per return with a long of 43 against the Aggies
- Thanks to the standout performance in his return to his home state, Waddle leads the nation in punt return average at 22.3 yards with 12 returns for 267 yards over six games in 2019
- He is averaging 17.9 yards per return for his career, a total that is currently at the top of Alabama’s career punt return list