AUBURN, Ala. — Jasmine Walker broke the near 30-year scoring record for Alabama women's basketball with a 41-point performance to lead the Crimson Tide to a 92-78 win at Auburn on Sunday. Alabama has now swept the Tigers in back-to-back seasons and moves to 13-6 overall and 6-6 in Southeastern Conference play, while Auburn moves to 5-15 on the season and 0-12 in league play.
Walker scored 21 of her 41 points in the fourth quarter, going 7-for-9 from the floor and 4-of-4 from the free throw line. She also added 15 rebounds for a double-double and was joined in that category by Ariyah Copeland, who finished with 21 points and 11 boards.
For the game, Alabama shot 50.8 percent from the field and 53.6 percent from three-point range. The Tide also outrebounded the Tigers, 40-24.
How It Happened
- Alabama got off to a hot start in the opening quarter, scoring 10 unanswered and 19 of the first 23 points.
- The Tide led 22-10 at the break, largely in part to its three-point shooting. Alabama went 5-for-8 from long range with two from Lewis and one apiece from Allie Craig Cruce, Taylor Sutton and Walker.
- The second started out much like the first ended with the Tide knocking down three-straight threes.
- Alabama extended its lead to 20 after outscoring Auburn 10-2 over a 3:00 span.
- The Tigers then responded with a 9-2 run midway through the second, with seven of those points coming from Honesty Scott-Grayson.
- The Tide led by 12, 39-27, at the half.
- Alabama had one of its best offensive quarters of the season, scoring 28 points in the third. The Tide led by as many as 20 in the frame.
- In the fourth, the Tigers used a 14-4 run to cut the lead to single digits but would come no closer than nine.
News and Notes
- Walker's 41 points broke Amy Lannom's previous record-high 38 points scored against Florida on January 4, 1992.
- Walker's double-double was the 11th of the season for her and 21st of her career, while Copeland recorded her seventh of the season and 15th of her career.
- Alabama continues its road swing on Thursday with its lone matchup of the season with the Florida Gators.
- Tip is set for 5 p.m. CT in Gainesville, and the game will stream on SEC Network+.