x
Breaking News
More () »

WZDX

Unattended cooking blamed for Huntsville house fire

Unattended cooking is being blamed for a house fire in Huntsville on Thursday. This fire was at 4239 Teejay Drive. According to Huntsville Fire & Rescue Cap...

Unattended cooking is being blamed for a house fire in Huntsville on Thursday.

This fire was at 4239 Teejay Drive. According to Huntsville Fire & Rescue Captain Frank McKenzie, when crews arrived, they found heavy fire in the kitchen and attic area above the kitchen. Firefighters quickly put out the fire and all electricity and water were shut off from the home.

No injuries were reported and the three adults who were displaces are staying with other family members.

McKenzie says that unattended cooking is the number one cause of house fires in Huntsville and the nation, and that, “under no circumstances, leave anything unattended while cooking.”

Latest headlines: