Two Alabama men were arrested in Georgia following a crime spree Sunday afternoon.
According to the Marietta Police Department, the two Alabama suspects were armed and attempted and committed several violent acts over the course of an hour.
Below is a timeline of events from Sunday, Sept. 22 (all times listed are EST):
- 2:50 p.m. – The Red Latina Check Cashing business called 911 to report two men with guns just attempted to rob the business
- 2:55 p.m. – A delivery driver for the Marietta Wings & More restaurant called 911 to report the business had just been robbed. The driver reported two suspects assaulted him and took his vehicle and belongings.
- 2:59 p.m. – Marietta officers locate a vehicle matching the initial description and complete a traffic stop. The vehicle and occupants were determined to not be involved and were quickly released.
- 3:01 p.m. – Marietta officers work with both businesses to obtain video and verify the descriptions of the two suspects.
- 3:08 p.m. – A housekeeper working at the Sleep Inn, called 911 to report two young men were walking around with handguns.
- 3:14 p.m. – The first Marietta officer arrived at the at the hotel and confirmed the two suspects at the hotel match the descriptions given from the earlier robberies.
Both suspects were located and taken into custody without incident. The stolen vehicle, personal property and all cash taken was recovered.
Quatrion Hughes, 19 of Toney, Ala., was charged with two counts of Attempted Armed Robbery Weapon, Hijacking Motor Vehicle, and Armed Robbery.
Raiquon Anderson, 21 of Huntsville, Ala., was charged with Attempted Armed Robbery Weapon, Armed Robbery, and Hijacking Motor Vehicle.
All charges are felonies.
This investigation is ongoing; anyone with additional information about either suspect or other criminal activity that may be related is urged to contact Marietta Detective Ellenson at 770-794-5477. If you have information but wish to remain anonymous, contact Crime Stoppers Greater Atlanta at 404-577-8477.