Authorities say a woman is charged with assisting an Alabama inmate who was recaptured in the Tennessee Valley.
The Department of Corrections say 26-year-old escapee Xavier Lamont Armstead was arrested in Florence on Wednesday. Officers also arrested 23-year-old Kayla Jean Fryer, who they say was with the prisoner when he was arrested. She’s being charged with hindering the apprehension of an escaped inmate.
Armstead is being charged with escape and other offenses. He was serving 15 years for burglary convictions in Colbert County.
- Woman charged with helping Alabama prison escapee
- 2 men indicted in death of Alabama teen found dead in 2017
- Man found dead months after courthouse gun incident
- Huntsville City Schools donates 100 desks, chairs to Marshall Co. Schools
- UAH’s men and women pick up close victories tonight against Delta State (Highlights)