HUNTSVILLE, Ala. — In March of 2021 Publix launched their Feeding More Together program in response to a critical food shortage created by the pandemic. Since then, Publix and its customers have provided more than 172 million meals to Feeding America-member food banks and local nonprofits through the program.
From November 9th-20th, join FOX54 in supporting Publix and their Feeding More Together program to help alleviate hunger in the Tennessee Valley. Here’s how you can help your fellow neighbor! How does Feeding More Together work?
You can make your donation at any Publix location.
- Customers donate any dollar amount at the register which will be awarded to local food banks as retail dollar credits.
- Food banks can redeem those credits through an ordering portal to purchase from a select group of high-need, mostly Publix-branded items.
- This provides food banks the flexibility to select the items they need most rather than Publix (or customers) choosing items for them.
- Publix will purchase an equivalent value, up to $5 million, of FRESH produce and will donate that produce to Feeding America member food banks.publi
ALL DONATIONS go to local food banks to combat food insecurity
Who does Feeding More Together Help?
- Food banks supported by Feeding More Together include:
- Food Bank of North Alabama
- Community Action Partnership of North Alabama LCCI (Limestone County Churches Involved)
- Life Source
- Marshall County Christian Services
- Shoals Dream Center
- Cullman Caring for Kids
These food banks serve 11 counties across North Alabama. As the holidays approach, Publix along with its community partners, like the Food Bank of North Alabama, are committed to hunger relief in local counties across the region. The Food Bank of North Alabama and its community partners work with locally operated grocery stores and farmers as well as the FDA and individual donors. There is no charge for the food and household supplies distributed to the public.