MUSCLE SHOALS, Ala — The Northwest-Shoals Community College Pre-Apprenticeship and Ready to Work programs will be offering free workforce training starting in January.
The workforce training classes will begin on January 19, 2021. The deadline for registration is on Friday, January 15.
The 16-week CTE 101 program will give its students opportunities to develop career skills, explore technical education and to connect with a mentor, Adult Education and RTW Director Tara Branscome said.
“During the spring semester, our participants have an opportunity to earn as many as 22 workforce certifications,” said Branscome. “Our mentors help our participants stay focused and give them that little bit of encouragement we all need at times.”
The programs have limited seats available that will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Certifications available through the course include the following:
- Alabama Certified Worker
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- MSSC Certified Production Technician Certification
- MSSC Safety and Employability
- MSSC Quality Practices and Measurement
- MSSC Manufacturing Processes and Production
- MSSC Maintenance Awareness
- OSHA 10 Certification
- Financial Literacy Certification
- 12 Digital Literacy Certifications
- FEMA Active Shooter Certification
For more information about the courses, call 256-331-5400, text 256-415-6992 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IN OTHER NEWS: Dean of UAB School of Medicine breaks down vaccine process