Madison County District 1 will host a Handle With Care Collection Day for residents of Madison County on Saturday, May 18.
Bring household hazardous waste items to the County Shed, located at 9457 Moores Mill Road in New Market on Saturday, May 18, 2019, from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
This is part of a partnership with the Solid Waste Disposal to reduce the toxicity in the local sewage treatment plants, storm drains, and lessen the risks of injuries caused from improper storage of hazardous waste in homes.
This will be a FREE drive-thru service with workers available to take items out of cars.
– Paint and Paint Related Products: Oil or water-based paints, mineral spirits, turpentine and thinners, furniture strippers, paint removers, stains aerosols
– Automotive Products: Transmission fluid, brake fluid, anti-freeze, car batteries, used motor oil
– Lawn & Garden Poisons: Weed killers, liquids, powders, sprays, soaps, herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, rodent poisons, and roach/flea powder
– Household Cleaners: Oven cleaner, toilet cleaner, disinfectants, drain cleaners, rug, and upholstery cleaners, floor and furniture polishes, ammonia or bleach-based products
– Old TVs and Computers: Televisions, computers, computer monitors
– Household Chemicals: Acids, pool chemicals, photographic chemicals, solvents, household batteries, mercury thermometers, thermostats, fluorescent lights – both CFL’s and linear
Contact the District 1 Office for questions or additional information at (256) 828-0726.