x
Breaking News
More () »

WZDX

Madison County Schools returns to in-person learning with some new safety precautions

Teachers and students will be required to wear face masks as they return to campus.

MADISON COUNTY, ALABAMA, Ala. — Students and teachers returned to in-person learning on Monday, September 15 for their "Second First Day Back to School."

The district added some precautionary measures to its schools to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Plexiglass barriers have been installed on tables in some elementary schools and 70 new stand-up temperature monitors have been purchased and implemented across schools in the district.

According to Madison County Schools, approximately 70% of students plan to be back in the classroom for in-person instruction while the other 30% intend to continue remote learning.

Madison County Schools said that parents were given the option to continue remote learning or to return to in-person a few weeks before the return.

Teachers and students will be required to wear face masks as they return to campus.

IN OTHER NEWS: Local doctors say vaccination rate could be higher