HUNTSVILLE, Ala. — Arts Huntsville, in partnership with the Huntsville Music Office and Von Braun Center, announces the inaugural Huntsville Music Industry Career Fair & Community Expo. The music industry-related event aims to connect people to job openings and volunteer opportunities within the local music ecosystem.
The free event will be held at the Von Braun Center East Hall on Saturday, Sept. 24, from noon to 4 p.m. Attendees are urged to make connections and support the Huntsville music scene as various local businesses and nonprofits will participate.
“Whether you’re a professional musician, sound technician, stagehand, event promoter or simply a music lover, there are multiple opportunities to get involved in our local music scene,” said Arts Huntsville Executive Director Allison Dillon-Jauken.
Entertainment businesses and nonprofit arts organizations at the event will include:
• International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE)
• Arts Huntsville
• Bluewood Productions
• Brass Band of Huntsville
• The DJ Kartel
• Huntsville Chamber Music Guild
• Huntsville Community Drumline
• A Smart Place (Huntsville/Madison County Chamber of Commerce)
• Huntsville Concert Band
• Huntsville Master Chorale
• Huntsville Music Office
• Huntsville Symphony Orchestra
• Huntsville Traditional Music Association
• Maitland Conservatory and Maitland Arts Initiative
• Microwave Dave Music Education Foundation
• Opera Huntsville
• Randstad USA
• Spur Staffing
• Tennessee Valley Jazz Society
• Turn Systems
• UAH Music Department
• Von Braun Center
“Huntsville is home to a vibrant, growing music ecosystem, and Huntsville Music Month is the perfect opportunity for the public to connect with Huntsville music businesses and nonprofits,” said City of Huntsville Music Officer Matt Mandrella.
Details can be found on the Huntsville Music Industry Career Fair and Community Expo Facebook event page.