HUNTSVILLE, Alabama — The city of Huntsville has scheduled several cleanup events as the city celebrates Earth Month.
The main cleanup event will be a household hazardous waste collection event on Saturday, April 17, at Hays Nature Preserve. Operation Green Team, the Solid Waste Disposal Authority, the city of Huntsville and the Alabama Cooperative Education System are coordinating the drive-thru hazardous waste collection.
From 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., residents will be able to drop off hazardous waste and receive giveaways while supplies last.
During the drive-thru event, Hays Nature Preserve will be closed to other activities.
This event is a part of the Keep America Beautiful Great American Cleanup initiative. Other Great American Cleanup events include the following:
- April 17: Ditto Landing Cleanup, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., 293 Ditto Landing Road S.E.
- April 17: Household Hazardous Waste Collection, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., 7161 U.S. 431
- April 24: Spring Branch/Brahan Spring Park Cleanup, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., 2107 Drake Ave.
- May 8: Oakwood Area Cleanup, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., 2601 Oakwood Ave. N.W.
- June 12: Five Points Neighborhood Cleanup, 8 a.m. to 11 a.m., Lewter Park