We ask local residents some “presidential questions” to see what they knew about our past presidents and Presidents’ Day. Here were the questions:
- Who was the first U.S. President?
- Who was the second U.S. President?
- Why do we observe Presidents’ Day?
- Name a president that’s on bills or coins?
- Bonus Question: Who’s on the $2 bill?
- Extra Bonus Question: Who’s on Mount Rushmore?
Mostly everyone got the first question right. The second question was tough for mostly everyone. It was a mixed bag as to why we observe Presidents’ Day. And nearly no one got the bonus question, except for one. That person got every question right! Scroll to the bottom to see what the answers are.
Challenge your presidential trivia knowledge with our Presidents Day Trivia Quiz!
- George Washington
- John Quincy Adams
- The state of Alabama observes Presidents’ Day in honor of George Washington’s and Thomas Jefferson’s birthday.
- $1 bill – George Washington, $2 bill – Thomas Jefferson $5 bill – Abraham Lincoln, $20 bill- Andrew Jackson, $50 bill – Ulysses S. Grant, Penny – Abraham Lincoln, Nickel – Thomas Jefferson, Dime – Franklin D. Roosevelt, Quarter – George Washington, Half Dollar – John F. Kennedy, Silver Dollar (1971-1978) – Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Thomas Jefferson
- George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln