A Decatur woman is behind bars after police say she stabbed another person Wednesday.
On Wednesday, Feb. 19, Decatur Police Officers responded to a stabbing in the 1800-block of Cypress Street in Decatur. When they arrived at the scene, they found a person suffering from multiple stab wounds. The suspect, Kadeja Burgos, 23 of Decatur, was also found at the scene. Both the victim and Burgos were transported and received medical treatment for non-life threatening injuries.
Decatur Police later learned the victim had been stabbed multiple times by Burgos, following a physical altercation.
Burgos has been charged with 2nd degree assault and is currently held in the Morgan County Jail in lieu of a $15,000 bond.
- What’s for lunch? Restaurant closes down after viral video exposes meat thawing outside
- Stranger buys child’s birthday cake and leaves emotional note behind
- Popular Dallas barbecue restaurant celebrates Black History Month with shoebox lunches
- Tua Tagovailoa & other former Crimson Tide players make their way to Huntsville
- Huntsville schools awarded STEM grants