DECATUR, Ala. – The Cook Museum of Natural Science has been nominated by USA Today in their 2020 10 Best Readers’ Choice travel awards as one of the best new museums to open in the past two years.
USA Today’s travel website 10best.com selected the recently opened Cook Museum of Natural Science as one of the top twenty contenders in their Best New Museum category.
You have four weeks to vote for the Cook Museum here. You can vote once a day for the run of the contest.
Voting ends Monday, Feb. 17 and the winners will be announced on 10Best on Friday, Feb. 28.
Located at 133 4th Ave NE in Decatur, Alabama, Cook Museum of Natural Science opened to the public on June 7, 2019. It contains 62,000 square feet of exhibit galleries which include a 15,000-gallon saltwater aquarium, an immersive cave, an interactive sand table, live animals, Museum Store, and the first Nature’s Table café in Alabama.
- Woman charged with helping Alabama prison escapee
- 2 men indicted in death of Alabama teen found dead in 2017
- Man found dead months after courthouse gun incident
- Huntsville City Schools donates 100 desks, chairs to Marshall Co. Schools
- UAH’s men and women pick up close victories tonight against Delta State (Highlights)