- Serves over 30,000 women.
- Offers mammograms plus 3D mammograms and bone density screenings
- The first hospital in the city of Alabama to receive the excellence status from the FDA.
According to the American Cancer Society, breast cancer is the most common cancer in women in the United States, except for skin cancers. It is about 30% (or 1 in 3) of all new female cancers each year.
The American Cancer Society's estimates for breast cancer in the United States for 2022 are:
- About 287,850 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in women.
- About 51,400 new cases of ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) will be diagnosed.
- About 43,250 women will die from breast cancer.
Breast cancer mainly occurs in middle-aged and older women. The median age at the time of breast cancer diagnosis is 62. This means half of the women who developed breast cancer are 62 years of age or younger when they are diagnosed. A very small number of women diagnosed with breast cancer are younger than 45.
- Free consultation calls and free in-home visits
- Offers breastfeeding classes
- Breast milk pumps for rent
According to the Department of Health and Human Services:
- Three out of four mothers (75%) in the U.S. start out breastfeeding, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s 2010 Breastfeeding Report Card.
- At the end of six months, breastfeeding rates fall to 43%, and only 13% of babies are exclusively breastfed.
- Among African-American babies, the rates are significantly lower, 58% start out breastfeeding, and 28% breastfeed at six months, with 8% exclusively breastfed at six months.
- The Healthy People 2020 objectives for breastfeeding are: 82% ever breastfed, 61% at 6 months, and 34% at 1 year.
- Most advanced clinical methods for diagnosis and treatments
- Offer evaluations and genetic risk assessments. complex pelvic surgeries
- Robotic surgeries
According to Yale Medicine, there are five major types of gynecologic cancers: